Maintain your credentials
ISA members at the Member, Accredited, and Certified membership levels need to complete the Requalification Process every five years, which includes the successful completion of the ISA Requalification Course.
ISA Requalification Course
To be completed every five years, the ISA Requalification Course offers a review of ISA's Appraisal Standards, covering significant changes to the ISA Core Course Manual, IRS regulations, and insurance industry standards.
- Required for requalification every five years
- Provides current guidelines, checklists, and forms helpful for every member
- Course available as three-day, live online course or as two-day, in-person classroom setting experience
Price: $585 members only
To find out your Requalification deadline, log in and look in the Credentialing Requirements section under Manage Your Profile.
ISA Requalification Process Details
Once an ISA member reaches the Member Level you are asked to go through the Requalification Process every five years. The Requalification Process ensures that your appraisal writing skills are up to date and helps you to be the best appraiser you can be. You can find your Requalification Deadline by logging on to the ISA website and clicking on Requalification in the blue box.
The Requalification Process includes the following steps:
- Successful completion of a Requalification course.
- Completion of a pre-course assignment involving the submission of an appraisal report done for a Federal function (donation, estate, gift or casualty loss) on three items. Details for this assignment will be included with your receipt.
- Submission of your completed Requalification Packet within 45 days of completing the Requalification course to ISA via email@example.com or fax 312.265.2908.
- A current USPAP certificate on file with ISA.
When you complete the Requalification Packet you are asked to submit a specific number of professional development credits (PDC’S) based on your designation:
Many activities count for your PDC’s including attending conferences and courses, being a volunteer with ISA, etc. You can find a complete list of 11 approved activities in the Requalification Packet. Also included in the Requalification Packet are the forms you will need to complete before submitting your Requalification Packet.
If you have additional questions regarding the Requalification Process call 312-981-6778.