Janet L. Ross, ISA AM, Antiques, Furnishings + Decorative Arts, Fine Art
Janet L. Ross
ISA member since Jan 01, 2008
(630) 697-8012 (Mobile)
Sacramento, CA 95866 map
Personal Property Appraiser specializing in Fine Art, Antique Furniture, and Collectibles.
An Accredited Member of the International Society of Appraisers from 2008 to Present.
1967-1971 Graduate of University of Colorado with Bachelor of Fine Art degree.
· Art History - Ancient Civilizations to Present.
· American Art History
· History of Contemporary Art
· Architectural and Perspective Drawing
· Processes of Printmaking and Silk Screening
· Life Drawing
· Art of Italy
· 18th Century French Painting
· Design and Composition.
· Courses in Elementary Education
· Graduate, International Society of Appraisers Core Course – 2008, Philadelphia, PA.
Ethics, Business Practices, Communications
Identification & Authentication, Research, Terminology, Report Writing
Legal Aspects of Appraising, Case Studies, Expert Witness, IRS Report Writing
· ISA Course, “Antiques & Residential Contents “ - 2008 – Examination
Winston Salem, NC with onsite study at the Museum of Southern Decorative Arts.
· USPAP Compliance, “Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice” –
April 2009, Chicago, IL.
· USPAP Compliance, “Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice”-
February 2013, San Francisco, CA.
· ISA Requalification Course – February 2013, San Francisco, CA.
· ISA Appraisal of Fine Arts Course – November 2013, Naperville, IL.
· ISA Assets 2014 Conference, Kansas City, Missouri - April 2014.
· FAE (Foundation for Appraisal Education)-Alameda, CA-August 2014.
· USPAP Compliance, January 12, 2015, “Uniform Standards of Professional Practice”
· ISA Conference ASSETS 2015-March 2015, Philadelphia, PA.
· USPAP Compliance, November 3, 2016, “Uniform Standards of Professional Practice”
· Established Antiques and Collectibles Business in Wheaton Illinois for five years.
· Taught Art History of Famous Artists to Elementary School Children at the
Indian Prairie School District. Presenting examples of famous works of art, the history, style, technique and importance of Artists such as Rembrandt, Monet and Michelangelo.
· Subscribed to online Auction data bases and Estate Sales newsletters.
· Professionally Researched and Priced Antiques for the Marketplace.
· Fine Arts and Antiques consultant to Accredited Appraisers.
· Personal Property Appraiser of Fine Art and Antiques in Sacramento, CA.
· Participation in “Antiques Roadshow” Style Community Fundraiser, May 2016 in Carmichael CA.
Work with Knowledgeable Colleagues in Fine Art, Antiques, Glass, and Collectibles.
- Decorative Arts & Accessories
- Estate Evaluations
- Estate Tax
- Insurance Claims
- Retail Art
Performs Appraisals Of
- Engraving & Etching