How Do I Market My Appraising Business?
Monday, June 26, 2017 in Business Tips
You’re an appraiser – you can spot a fake Picasso, tell the difference between Ming dynasty porcelain and Qing dynasty porcelain and recite the USPAP manual front to back. But do you know how to attract new customers to your business? With changes like the explosive popularity of social media and the addition of new millennial collectors to the market, growing your appraising business looks a lot different than it did even five or ten years ago.
To keep you up to date, here are a few tips and resources, and even a tutorial video, that will help you show off your ISA credentials and connect you with more clients.
Step 1: Attract More Customer Leads with a Compelling Appraiser Profile
When looking for an appraiser, the first thing many of your potential customers will do is search online. In fact, the Find an ISA Member search tool gets over 2500 page visits per month. What are visitors seeing when they come across your profile? The best way to get noticed is to make sure your profile is updated with all your most recent information.
To update your profile, simply log in to the ISA website and click “Manage Your Profile.” Add a picture, bio and your specialties to make your profile stand out. Don’t forget to add your location so customers near you can find you easily!
For more detailed instructions on updating your profile on the ISA website, read our blog post with screenshots and more.
Step 2: Get Reading! Take Advantage of Free Marketing Guides
If you’re a member of ISA, you have access to the ISA Means Business Toolbox, which is a set of resources designed to give you all the information you need to connect with customers and market your business.
- Don’t have a big budget? Check out this post for ideas that will bring you new leads but won’t break the bank.
- Lost in the world of digital apps and platforms? Here is a helpful guide to the best apps for starting and managing your business.
- Starting from scratch? We have a guide to starting and marketing your new appraising business from the ground up here.
Step 3: Download Pre-made, Customizable Resources
To save you time, ISA has put together a number of downloadable resources that will help you get your marketing campaigns up and running within minutes. It’s as easy as clicking the download button and customizing as necessary.
- Show off your credentials with ISA member logos, perfect for your website and social media
- Create a professional advertising campaign with ready-made artwork with space for your logo and bio.
- Let the public know why it’s important to choose an educated and certified appraiser with a brochure complete with your logo and business information.
- Give a professional presentation on personal property appraising with a ready-made PowerPoint.
Step 4: Connect with Other Appraisers
Join us at one of our educational events, follow ISA on Facebook and Twitter, and get involved with the ISA Ambassador Program.
One of ISA’s best resources is its membership and collegial atmosphere, with many people ready to share what they know about appraising and marketing with you.
Need More Help? Watch our Marketing Resource Tutorial
We’ve put together a short video tutorial that gives you a tour of each of the benefits included in the ISA Means Business Toolbox, from downloading assets for your site to customizing your brochure.
ISA’s goal is to ensure that each of its members has the tools they need to bring in customers and display their knowledge of appraising. We always have more tools on the way, so keep an eye on the ISA Now blog and the Toolbox for future updates. If you have a specific business need that ISA can help with, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.