ISA Means Business Toolbox
Welcome to the ISA Means Business! Toolbox, a resource area designed to help members create and maintain businesses that stay up to date and thriving.
Through blog posts, referral links, templates, and more, the resources within this Toolbox will aid ISA members in operating efficient, effective businesses, whether they are newly established and looking for help starting up, or existing businesses looking to adopt the latest marketing and operational trends. Tips will include software and office practice recommendations and solutions to real-life business concerns, including how to deal with competition and reach the gatekeepers.
Learn more about the ISA Means Business! program and its goals for helping members in this blog post by Marian R. Aubry, ISA CAPP.
- Guide to Launching an Appraisal Business (login required). Just starting your personal property appraisal business? Visit our guide for a checklist of things to do financially, legally, and for promotion to get your business started on the right foot. Includes templates for Client Project Timeline, Client Intake Form, and Research Log.
- Fantastic Apps for Start-ups. Read this blog post to discover the best mobile apps for starting a business.
- The Appraisal Checklist for Report Writing (login required). The purpose of this checklist is to make sure all the required elements of information are present in a restricted appraisal or appraisal report. It is important to refer to the checklist frequently, even if you are a seasoned appraiser, to make sure your reports are meeting current ISA and USPAP standards for report writing.
- Appraisal Hours Log (login required). Download this template to track your appraisal experience and billable/non-billable hours. This log can be used to document hours for Requalification and to advance to ISA's Accredited and Certified Member levels.
- Insurance Program for ISA Members. ISA has partnered with Higginbotham Insurance to provide our members with General Liability, Professional Liability, and Bailees (Inland Marine) insurance coverage. Learn more about the coverage options and read some frequently asked questions in this blog post.
- Requalification Process. ISA credentialed members are committed to keeping up to date on changes in the appraisal industry, report writing, and the insurance industry. Find out about the Requalification Process and see the Requalification Packet requirements.
- Marketing Tips on the Cheap! Read this blog post for effective and low-cost marketing tips.
- ISA Member Logos (login required). Promote your ISA credential on your website and marketing materials with our ISA Member Logos.
- ISA Advertising Campaign. Download and customize professional advertising materials.
- ISA Member Brochure (login required). Inform the public on why finding educated and certified appraisers, like the members of the ISA, is important to the appraisal process and ultimately the valuation of their items. Brochure is customizable.
- ISA Promotional PowerPoint (login required). Give a professional presentation on personal property appraising and the importance of ISA credentials with this customizable PowerPoint.
- ISA Member Newsletter (login required). Looking to send an educational publication to your customers? Start with the ISA Member Newsletter template.
- More member resources (login required).
- ISA Ambassador Program. Mentor a new member of ISA or find a mentor for yourself with the new Ambassador Program.
More resources coming soon!
Have a specific business need that ISA can help with? Email us at email@example.com.