Join the International Society of Appraisers
Gain access to the ISA's tools for success and learn from the recognized authorities on professional personal property appraising. ISA members are distinguished for their professionalism, knowledge, and expertise. You’ll join many of the country’s most respected independent appraisers, consultants, estate liquidators, auctioneers, gallery owners, and dealers.
Save $175 with Dual Registration
Apply for membership & the ISA Core Course in Appraisal Studies when you join and we'll waive the $100 processing fee plus take $75 off the course registration fee!
- Application and fees ($450 dues + $100 processing fee*)
- *$100 Processing Fee is waived if applying for Membership & Core course at same time.
- Four character references
- Provide resume showing three years of market-related experience in chosen specialty
- Complete the ISA Core Course in Appraisal Studies ($1,290 registration fee)
- Complete the National Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course and pass the exam ($345 registration fee)
- Agree to abide by the ISA Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Professional development and certification courses led by some of the most accomplished and knowledgeable professionals in the appraisal industry.
Connect with industry professionals in person or online to expand your contacts, build relationships, and raise your visibility.
Reach new clients and raise your online profile with ISA’s fast, easy-to-use Find an Appraiser member directory.
“When I began to consider a career as a fine art appraiser I was advised by someone in the art field to join one of the other three professional appraisal organizations. It was one that this person deemed to be more esteemed for appraising fine art. Valuing this professional’s advice, I took it under consideration but joined the International Society of Appraisers in the end.” Read more about Christine’s experience on the ISA Now blog »
—Christine Guernsey, ISA CAPP
"I will always remember the job I lost because I did not have any credentials. The job was an estate sale for a man who owned a house full of marketable high end “stuff." I wanted that job, and I knew that I would be his best choice, but aside from providing my great references, I could not say that I belonged to a professional organization. In fact there were no organizations for estate sellers to which I could apply for membership. On that day, ten years ago, my search began and another world opened to me." Read more about Selma's experience on the ISA Now blog »
—Selma Paul, ISA CAPP