Cassandra J Schiffler, ISA Member
Cassandra J Schiffler
ISA member since Aug 16, 2019
(208) 960-0272 (Mobile)
Boise, ID 83702 map
Cassandra is an appraiser, artist, educator, and arts freelancer in Boise, Idaho with extensive experience in Visual and Fine Arts. She is a Member of the International Society of Appraisers and has over 10 years of professional experience in art. She received her BA in English and Art from The College of Idaho in 2007, and completed 36 credits towards an MFA in Visual Art from Boise State University. She has pursued a professional career in the arts through work with museums, galleries, universities, community print studios, and frame shops.
Her background education and experience prepared her for starting her own independent appraisal business that allows her the creativity and flexibility to continue a lifelong passion for her own studio discipline as an artist, while also providing clients with well-researched, thorough, and impartial appraisal reports.
She completed the ISA Core Course in Appraisal Studies examination in 2019, and passed the 15-hour national USPAP exam for 2020-2021. All of her appraisal reports are written in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Art, 2007, graduated Cum Laude; The College of Idaho, Caldwell, Idaho.
- Completed 36 credits towards an MFA in Visual Arts; 2017-2019, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho. Courses included:
- Art History classes in 20th Century American Art, Realism to Surrealism, London: Art, Architecture, History, and Literature, Contemporary Ideas in Art, Modern to Postmodernism
- Seminars in Contemporary Art Theory and Practice
- Museum Studies
- Studio classes in Advanced Painting, Printmaking, Design, Drawing and Composition, Figure Drawing, Ceramics
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, 2020-2021, passed the 15-hour course and examination; The Appraisal Foundation, Washington, DC
- Core Course in Appraisal Studies and examination, passed in September 2019; The International Society of Appraisers, Chicago, Illinois
Related Work Experience:
- Gallery, framing, and curatorial work experience at Capitol Contemporary Gallery, Van Dyck Frame Design, Brumfield’s Gallery, Basement Gallery, and the Stewart Gallery
- Independent Educator at the Boise Art Museum, and Wingtip Press
- Served on the Board of Directors for Surel’s Place (an artist residency program) from 2016-2019
- Adjunct Professor teaching courses in Printmaking, Professional Practices, and Design
- Prints - 20th Century Limited Edition
- Prints - Modern & Contemporary
- Equitable Distribution
- Insurance Claims
- Tax Deductible Gifts
Performs Appraisals Of
- Paintings - 20th Century
- Paintings - Contemporary American