Connecting Dealers and Appraisers
The ISA Dealer Directory is a private, subscription-based service, connecting invited and vetted fine and decorative arts independent dealers with qualified ISA appraisers.
The directory joins these groups together to collaborate in the search for specific works by artists, from particular periods, or movements, for the purpose of gallery and private sales. Personal property appraisers are often the first to know of items clients wish to sell.
For ISA Appraisers
ISA appraiser members have viewing access to the Directory and can connect with dealers when they have items clients wish to sell. ISA appraiser members can view all listings or search by keyword. Log in to view participating dealers and their listings.
Dealers who meet the eligibility criteria below must first apply to the directory. Once accepted, dealers have unlimited access to the Directory and can post "in search of" as often as they wish. The purpose of this Directory is to support and build relationships between vetted dealers and qualified ISA appraisers. The Dealer Directory subscription fee for 2018 is $300.
Eligibility Criteria for Dealers
- Dealers should be referred by an ISA appraisal member in order to receive an invitation to apply and participate in the Dealer Directory.
- Participating Dealers must have been in business for a minimum of five years.
- Joining Dealers should have scholarship in the particular field of expertise they are applying for.
- Dealers must be considered by discerning collectors and the general public as a recognized gallery and or dealer of private sales of quality works within a specialized area.
- Works dealers are posting need to be those that are recognized, with strong provenance, or have been represented in galleries, museums or private collections.
- Dealers and Galleries need to be in good standing with regulatory reporting services and have no outstanding legal or ethical claims against them.