There's Still Time! Submit Your Nominations for ISA Awards
Monday, January 22, 2018 in News
Thank you to all of you who have nominated fellow appraisers for ISA's 2018 Awards so far. I've been impressed to learn of the accomplishments of some of our members and can't wait to recognize everyone at Assets. There is still time this week to nominate others who deserve recognition for their achievements. You may also nominate chapters that have been examples of working together to build professionalism in their regions.
Award nominations are due by this Friday, January 26. You can submit your nominations via our online nomination form.
Though all the awards recognize special areas of service, I feel the Rising Leader award may be one of the most important. The involvement of new leaders is a sign of health in any organization. It has become an important feature of conference to recognize those among us who are just starting their businesses. With Ambassadors and instructors in place who are willing to guide new appraisers, it is easier than ever to start and maintain a successful practice. In this vein, I believe it is also very important to recognize the hard work of others as an example to those who are just starting out in this profession. Not only do they learn who has been successful in certain areas, and can give them tips toward their own success, but are inspired to reach for the same type of recognition.
Each one of our committee chairs puts a lot of volunteer time into keeping our organization running smoothly and adapting to our changing business climate. Please take the time to let us know about the achievements of your ISA colleagues.
This year, awards will be given in the following categories:
- Lamp of Knowledge - for a singular outstanding educational work product pertaining to the appraisal profession as a whole or in a specialty area.
- Leadership - awarded to a member in a leadership position for outstanding service above and beyond what is normally expected.
- Rising Leader - awarded to a member who is new to a leadership position for outstanding service above and beyond what is normally expected.
- Distinguished Service - awarded to members for outstanding achievements or participation in the appraisal profession.
- Chapter of the Year - one award for a chapter that is less than three years old and one for a chapter that is older than three years.
- Service - Awarded to two members who are outgoing in leadership positions in either Board Member of Committee Chair Positions.
- ISA Instructor Distinguished Service - for outstanding appraisal instructional achievements in and beyond the physical classroom.
You may make more than one nomination, but must revisit the form for each. Awards are given based on merit rather than frequency of nomination, so please be detailed when you are describing your nominee’s accomplishments.
We are now on a short countdown to our Assets 2018 conference in Pasadena. I’m looking forward to seeing long time friends and meeting many new ones. If you haven't already, be sure to register on the ISA website. With your help, I am also looking forward to helping recognize deserving ISA members for serving an organization that I'm proud to be a member of.
- Libby Holloway, ISA CAPP, is chair of the ISA Awards Committee