Submit Your Nominations for ISA Awards
Thursday, December 7, 2017 in News
Once a year, ISA’s members are asked to help identify those in the organization who have inspired them by an accomplishment or act of service. ISA is a volunteer-run organization with many members who spend hours contributing to the good of the entire membership. There are others who use their gifts to inform the general public about the importance of using professional appraisers through speaking or writing. Recognizing these people is one of my favorite parts of Assets.
I’m sure you can think of members who seem to be especially generous with their time and who certainly deserve thanks. There are some familiar faces who always seem to be involved. To me, it is really exciting when someone is awarded who is either new to the organization or who has been working quietly for a while and has never been recognized.
I challenge all of you to spend a little time thinking of members you know who deserve recognition and to nominate them this year. You can also promote your chapter by nominating it for Chapter of the Year.
Spend a few minutes looking through the award descriptions and see who you know who fits each one, and submit your award nominations through our online form. The deadline for submission is Friday, January 26.
This year, awards will be given in the following categories:
- Lamp of Knowledge - Awarded to one ISA member for a singular outstanding educational work product pertaining to the appraisal profession as a whole or in a specialty area.
- Leadership - Awarded to one ISA member in a leadership position for outstanding service above and beyond what is normally expected.
- Rising Leader - Awarded to one ISA member who is new to a leadership position for outstanding service above and beyond what is normally expected.
- Distinguished Service - Awarded to one ISA member in each of the following four categories: Antiques, Furnishings + Decorative Arts; Fine Art; Gems & Jewelry; and Machinery & Equipment for outstanding achievements or participation in the appraisal profession.
- Chapter of the Year - Up to two awards available: one for chapters in existence more than three years, and one for chapters in existence three years or less.
- Service - Awarded to two outgoing ISA members who have held volunteer leadership positions in either the Board Member or Committee Chair categories.
- ISA Instructor Distinguished Service - Awarded to one instructor for outstanding appraisal instructional achievements in and beyond the physical classroom; positive reviews from current and past students; and for inspiring appraisal methodology excellence within our membership.
It is now easier than ever to make nominations by filling out the short form. You may make more than one nomination but must revisit the form for each. Awards are given based on merit rather than frequency of nomination so please be detailed when you are describing your nominee’s accomplishments.
All of you who do such a great job representing the spirit of ISA and our industry every day deserve a big thank you. Keep up the good work!
Remember to put registering for Assets 2018 in Pasadena on your holiday to-do list, especially before prices increase on January 31. I’ll see you there!
Libby Holloway, ISA CAPP, is chair of the ISA Awards Committee.